Friday, 15 November 2013

A grey bedroom and unmade beds

Lately there has been an increase of beds in disarray in interiors photography. Even in real estate web sites like Fantastic Frank, where I found this bedroom in tones of grey... Maybe they found out that people react well to it. 

I make my bed everyday, and still love seeing a properly made bed, preferably all fluffy and inviting. But I grant it that a 'well made unmade bed' doesn't shock me at all, it can even have it's charm. It adds a more familiar and lively feeling to a space. Is this a trend that will last? How do you feel about it?
photography:  Andy Liffner
styling: Thomas Lingsell



4 comments:

  1. This is funny because I picked Pinspirations like yours and wrote a post about how wonderful an unmade bed can be ... but all of us know: they are never really unmade but styled unmade which is not that easy if you want them to look cosy and welcoming ;o) If your are interested in my post, you can check it out here http://blog.monaqo.de/betten-laessig/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      I just read your post about the unmade beds (had to use Google translator which isn't very accurate, but I think I got the idea) and you make some good points there, haha.
      I think that both made and unmade beds end up having their own appeal :)

      Delete
  2. Where is the geometric lamp from beside the bed? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      That type of lamp is called a Cage Lamp. You can find it on industrial and vintage sellers. Or you can try this link for ETSY https://www.etsy.com/market/cage_lamp. Hope this helps :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...