Friday, 14 March 2014

wall pocket | DESIGN CRUSH


I have a confession to make. I absolutely love pockets. I know it's not the most glamorous thing to do, walk around with my hands in my pockets, but I can't help it. If I had the faintest idea of what to do with a needle and thread I would add pockets to all my clothes...I'm not joking. 

I also have a weird eccentric relation with my winter jackets' pockets. I tend to use them to keep an assortment of little things I collect from many different places. A button that fell off my shirt, little folded papers, a small pebble I picked up on the street and, my absolute favourites, hard candy, caramels or lollipops someone gives me for whatever reason. I keep them there because I inevitably forget about them, and every time I put on that jacket and put my hands back in those pockets I rediscover what they are hiding. It's like I'm tricking my brain to be surprised over and over again with these simple everyday things. And I love that!

So, how happy do you think I was when I discovered this wall pocket... a pocket for my home! It's like taking my little quirks to a whole different level. Designed by Copenhagen based design studio Herman Cph,  with the wonderful simplicity characteristic of Scandinavian living, the wall pocket is a practical solution for small spaces or a wonderful poetic one for any space.
images source: Herman Cph




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...